Featured Product List
The Featured Product List section is a great way to highlight your best products on your Shopify store. This section can be used to showcase new products, top-selling products, or products that are on sale.
This section displays Metafield data to show more product details, such as origin, material, and other information. To do this, you must enter the Metafield keys and Metafield Namespace.
The following settings are available for Products:
- Color Scheme: Background colors for each product block.
- Products: Select products to show on the list.
There are 2 options to choose the color scheme for the section. These options are based on the settings that have been set up in the Theme settings.
If you want to change the color scheme, please update your Theme settings.
- Scheme 1
- Scheme 2
You can select featured products here by clicking the ‘Select products’ button, please note that there is no limit to the number of products to show for this section.
In Layout, you can choose to enable or disable the scroll horizontal bar with the ‘Show progress indicator’.
The Featured Product List section supports 2 kinds of Content alignment:
Please note that this alignment settings will be applied to both the section header and content in each product block.
In Text, you can add a subheading, a heading, and a description for the section by filling in the placeholders for these contents:
- Section subheading
- Section heading
- Section description
These contents will use the typography settings from the Theme settings.
If you want to remove any settings, just delete the content and give it a blank space.
With the Image ratio, you can choose from 3 options for the Product image:
- Portrait (2:3)
- Landscape (3:2)
Along with that, you can select functions to display including:
- Show second image on hover
- Show vendor
- Show product rating: Note that you must add a product rating app first in order to display a rating. You can check more details here. The rating will not show if you don’t have any rating app on the store.
- Show color swatches: Note that this option only shows if variant swatches are enabled.
- Show badge
- Enable quick shop: The Quick shop button will appear below the View details button
To show metafield data for each product block, enter a list of product metafield keys, separated by commas. For example, I enter ‘origin, material, weight’. The recommended number of keys is 3, but you can add more if you want. To learn more about product metafield keys, please visit this link.
By default, with the product specification, it will not show the specification label but only show the specification description. However, you can also enable/disable the specification label here if you want.
You can check this video tutorial to learn more about the way to use Product Metafield in Electro theme:
To create a Featured Product List section in Electro Theme, follow these steps:
- Go to the Sections page in your Shopify admin.
- Click the Add Section button.
- Search for Feature Product list in the search field.
- Choose Color Scheme and select products you want to show.
- Select layout for section and product items then add section heading, sub heading and description according to your design
- Add Metafield keys and Metafield Namespaces to show the metafield information for each product on the list
- Hit Save